FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You've got questions?
We've got answers.
What is Amazon Care?
What services are currently available through Amazon Care?
Amazon Care provides a mobile application that allows you to access virtual and in-person healthcare services from Oasis Medical. Oasis Medical provides the following services:
Video Care: Have an in-app video visit with a doctor, nurse practitioner, or registered nurse (“clinicians”) for advice, answers, diagnoses, treatment, or referrals
Care Chat: In-app text chat connects you to a clinician in moments for health advice and answers
Mobile Care: Your Video Care provider may recommend an in-person assessment or treatment by a registered nurse (a “Mobile Care nurse”). With your approval, the provider will send a Mobile Care nurse to your home, a designated room on the Amazon campus, or any other location in our service area that you request. The Mobile Care nurse may collect lab samples, perform some onsite testing (such as strep tests), administer common vaccines, or perform physical examinations.
Care Courier: During a Video Care visit, you may be prescribed medications consistent with our current scope of services. Many prescriptions can be delivered to you within two hours. Others can be sent to your preferred pharmacy for pick up.
What types of medical issues can Oasis Medical address?
- Acute urgent care needs (e.g., colds and respiratory infections, minor injuries, allergies, rashes, UTIs, pinkeye, and more)
- Preventive care consults
- Sexual health (for patients who are at least 18 years old)
- Travel health (e.g., education on safe travel practices, travel vaccines, and preventive medication)
- General questions about health and medicine for you and your dependents. If we can’t treat your condition, we are always ready to help you identify next steps to get the care you need.
Oasis Medical does not provide emergency medical services. If you are experiencing a medical emergency call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Will enrolling in Amazon Care affect my enrollment or eligibility for my current health plan, or other Amazon benefits?
Enrolling in Amazon Care will not affect your health plan eligibility or enrollment, nor any other Amazon benefits.
Where are Amazon Care services available?
For eligible employees and their dependents, Amazon Care virtual services are available throughout Washington State. We use location-aware technology when you are using the Amazon Care mobile application to determine whether you are located in Washington State. You can turn off location access through your mobile device’s settings, but this will prevent you from being able to use Amazon Care.
Amazon Care Mobile Care and Care Courier services are available only in the following zip codes:
We use location-aware technology when you are using the Amazon Care mobile application to determine whether you are located in our available service area. You can turn off location access through your mobile device’s settings, but this will prevent you from being able to use Amazon Care.
When are Amazon Care services available?
Our current hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 6pm.
Who is currently eligible for Amazon Care?
You can request an invitation to join Amazon Care at any time during the year. If you are eligible, you can add your eligible dependents as well. To be eligible, you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are an employee age 18+ (or spouse/partner/other dependent of one).
Enrolled in an Amazon-sponsored health plan*
- * Amazon employees who are enrolled in Kaiser Permanente® are unable to participate at this time.
- Have a mobile device with either iOS 12.0+ or Android 6.0+
- Live and work in the following zip codes:
Can I pay for Oasis Medical’s services with Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare?
If you participate in both an Amazon medical plan and a government-sponsored health program such as Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare, the Amazon medical plan will be the primary plan in most cases. Please review the coordination of coverage provisions in the Summary Plan Description for your Amazon medical plan for more information. Oasis Medical will not submit claims for its services to your Amazon medical plan, Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare, but if you would like to submit a claim yourself, you can download a copy of your Oasis Medical receipt to include with your claim. Oasis Medical cannot assist you with claim submission.
How do I enroll in Amazon Care?
- Download the Amazon Care app from the Google Play or App Store and sign in using your Amazon.com credentials.
- Create your Amazon Care account. You’ll need to enter your first and last name, date of birth, and a photo of a government-issued ID.
- If you have eligible minor dependents, the app will prompt you to add those minor dependents at the end of the enrollment flow. If you prefer to add them later, you can do so at any time in the app by tapping on “My account” > “Dependents.”
- If you have eligible adult dependents (including your spouse/domestic partner), the app will prompt you to invite them to create their own Amazon Care account(s) at the end of the enrollment flow. If you prefer to invite them later, you can do so by tapping on “My account” > “Dependents.”
- Please add a picture of your insurance card by tapping “My account” > “My care profile” > “Add insurance card” (you can edit this later by tapping on the picture of your existing insurance card).
Including your dependents
How can I enroll my dependents in Amazon Care?
Your minor dependent(s) are eligible if they are a dependent on an eligible employee's Amazon health insurance plan and reside in an eligible zip code. The in-app enrollment process will identify eligible dependents, direct you to add minor dependents to your own profile, and tell you how to invite your eligible adult dependent(s) to create their own Amazon Care account(s).
Your care team
Who provides health care services through Amazon Care?
Amazon Care works with Oasis Medical, a medical practice licensed in Washington state, to provide care through the Amazon Care app and in-person services. Oasis Medical's clinicians are all trained in primary and urgent care.
How can I learn about Oasis Medical’s clinicians?
You will see the name and license of the Oasis Medical clinician at the start of every interaction. Mobile Care nurses and Care Couriers who come to your home or office will wear Amazon Care uniforms and will present an Oasis Medical badge for identification when they arrive.